Sunday, October 24, 2010

Feast before the slaughter



Finally, my mead hall is now in use! Of course I had to treat Beowulf and his warriors to a royal dinner before the battle with Grendel. It has been a while since Heorot was filled with so much joy and happiness. Everyone was having a great time, but Unferth seemed a bit jealous. Unferth wouldn’t stop boasting on Beowulf and he didn’t even have his facts right! I believe Beowulf can defeat the demon and believed in him even more after hearing the story about him and Brecca. He describes his five long nights out in the harsh sea while defeating nine monsters. He ended up washed ashore on Finland. I respected Beowulf more since he told Unferth in a polite and respectful manner how he has achieved more things in life and I found it quite humorous. What really caught my attention was, Wealhtheow! Wealhtheow is my wife and she was extremely beautiful during our feast. She was full of precious jewels and sparkled with every move she made. The darkness is about to set and that’s when Grendel sets out for his feast. Hopefully, Beowulf will keep his word and defeat the murderous demon. Tonight will be a memorable night if Grendel is deafeat, we can fill Heorot hall with all my people again. 








A feast for Beowulf and his warriors in Heorot

No comments:

Post a Comment