Sunday, October 24, 2010

God Has Sent Help!


            My prayers have been answered! Today, after receiving a message from Wulfgar about a troop willing to help put an end to Grendal’s massacre, I was extremely thrilled! The fifteen-man troop was a bit too good to be true, like always, so I asked for them to come to Heorot and discuss about the slaying of Grendel. I requested that they do not arm themselves with their shields and spears because the weapons might endanger the residents of Heorot.  I soon found that the leader of the warriors is Beowulf and I remembered Beowulf through his father, Ecgtheow. He was my friend, but passed away a long time ago. I offered the Wulfings a treasure-trove to end the feud between Beowulf’s father and the Wulfings. Ecgtheow had killed Heatholaf, a member of the Wulfings, and I wanted to resolve their conflict. Like his courageous father, Beowulf wants to fight Grendel with only his bare hands, which is absolute insanity. I don’t think he understands how many lives he has killed and how my warriors using swords can’t defeat him. I do still believe that Beowulf can kill Grendel because from his past experiences and achievements and mainly his supernatural strength!
 

         The Danes mead-hall, Heorot

                  tuckborough.net 

                 




No comments:

Post a Comment