Sunday, October 24, 2010

The Demon's Death along with the destruction of Heorot

TgdemonI cannot thank Beowulf enough for all he has done to help my kingdom. I truly think he is my son and I adopt him in my heart. Last night, Beowulf accomplished what he had in mind, which was to kill Grendel. The sight of Grendel’s arm was unbelievable! The arm was like barbed steel and no iron weapon could leave any damage on it! Thankfully with Beowulf’s strength he could rip it off, but I would have loved to see the demon deathless in Heorot. I will not complain because he will still die on his way back to his swampy lair. Heorot was a disaster though! The doors were far from its hinges, the walls destroyed, and the roof was the only part untouched. No worries, I ordered everybody that had hands to pitch a hand in refurbishing the hall. After everyone was done the ceremony begun in rewarding the brave warriors.  I rewarded Beowulf and his men for their great deed. I offered Beowulf an embroidered banner, breast-mail, a helmet, a sword, and eight horses with saddles. Also, Beowulf’s warriors were rewarded with gold! Heorot had a great overall feast filled with wine, a poem by Hildeburh, and precious treasures were offered. Heorot is now a happiness destination in thanks of Beowulf.


                                                                          Beowulf ripping Grendel's arm
                                                                                       Csis.pace.edu

No comments:

Post a Comment